Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What you need for the newbie

So, I like to post about comical topics, but one thing not funny is wasting money on products for your baby.

Here is a list of items I recommend, based on my experience.

Keep one thing in mind:

The wipe warmer, was an obsession of my infant niece.  I thought it was ridiculous, but she would not let my sister clean her tooshy without the wipe being of perfect wipe warmer temperature.  That being said, had she not been introduced to a perfectly warmed wipe, I suspect she would have been fine and adjusted to chilly or room temperature wipes like the rest of us did:

1-Bottles (I loved Dr. Browns)
2-Crib, crib mattress, crib pad, crib sheets
3-Bibs
4-High Chair
5-Stroller (I recommend Bob Revolution, it is a beast)
6-Portable car seat
7-Electronic swing
8-Exersaucer
9-Free and Clear detergent
10-Diapers in a variety of sizes
11-Baby medical kit (with little baby nail clippers-so cute)
12-Gripe Water

If you have a child that is not a man child like mine was, you will probably like to have a carrier, like the Bjorn.  My son was so long and I am so short that I gave mine to a friend.

The one item I can say across the board that most of my parent friends agree to skip is anything that resembles a diaper genie.  Everyone I know threw it out.
Just buy bags to put those dirty things in and be on your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment