Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Integrating the new baby with your pet(s)

I have three chihuahuas.  Ringo (12 years), Spike (11 years) and Consuela (10 years).

When I was expecting my son I read and re-read many articles on how to get the baby to integrate with the dogs and make it a seamless experience.

I used the blanket scent that experts say works.
We brought our baby blanket with our sons scent on it home for the dogs to sniff at.

I do not think it worked all that well.

Ringo and Consuela were pretty cool about it.  I could tell they were confused but were ok with everything.

Spike, on the other hand, hid in the hall closet off and on for two months.

Almost five years later he has adjusted.

The moral of this little story?

Do not worry, they will adjust.

And you will too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment