Monday, June 13, 2016

Sprinkler Season...

Welcome to Sprinkler Season in New York City, or as I like to call it, "Communal Childrens Shower Season."

I'm a germaphobe and I'm able to admit it.

The great outdoors and I have never been great buddies, unless it's a beach with white sand and crystal blue water.

Sadly, that is not what I have access to raising a little one in the hustle and bustle of the Apple.

Yesterday, we hit the playground and true to form, my son jumped right in to the ice cold sprinklers. Things were going well until I ended up joining him fully clothed to fill up some water balloons.

Things got hectic at this point. He did keep his water shoes on for a while, so my worry about fungus was calmed for a little while.

Three hours later, I was able to peel him out of the sprinklers. He was covered in icy water and sand.  A young child's version of a tar and feather exercise.

But he loved it.

When he's happy, I'm happy.

So sprinklers, carry on. We will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment