Friday, June 3, 2016

The Chicago Dance

The not even kind of funny thing about your children getting older, and I'm talking pre-k, is that they interact with other children and the topics of conversation become bizarre. They also become, in my opinion, a little age inappropriate, but somehow you can't put your finger on how. 

If your kid says a curse word, you reprimand the child and tell little Susie or Bobbie, or these days, Apple and Moonbeam, not to say it again because it's a "bad" word. 

But how do you handle this:
Moonbeam: "Mommy, what's a Chicago Dance?"
Mommy: "I don't know. What is it?"
Moonbeam: "Its when you poop on someone's head."
Followed by Moonbeam in a fit of hysterical laughter. 

Am I the only person reminded of things like a glass bottom boat? I don't remember what that is and I'm not googling it, I just know my husband told me what it was at one time and it was gross and sexual. 

So what do you say about "The Chicago Dance?"

I won't even look it up right now because if I find more information and its perverted, I'm going to start to cry. I know at some point I'll google it.  I just can not bring myself to right now. 

A parent once told me she could not stay home and raise her children because it's mindless, (whether it is or not is by opinion), but I'm thinking of calling her to find out how she would handle "The Chicago Dance."

FML

No comments:

Post a Comment