Thursday, June 9, 2016

What underwear are you wearing?

Tis the season of summer!
To celebrate, my son has recently become fascinated by the difference between men and women's bathing suits.

For instance, "why do girls wear a top to cover their heart but boys don't?"

Serious head scratcher.

This has naturally progressed to what he finds to be a hysterical fascination with mens and women's and underwear.

My underwear seem to be an area of interest but he only asks questions about my underwear when we are in public places and lots of people can hear. This has happened to me in restaurants, on the city bus and swimming lessons.
Only in those environments am I lucky enough to have strangers hear my son ask the following:

"Mom, are you wearing underwear?"

Those who can not help but overhear must think, "his Mother must not make it a regular habit."


"Mom, why are your underwear pink?"

Those lucky enough to overhear now know what color underwear I am wearing.

Just another day of disclosing all our business all over NYC.

If anyone has an answer to why girls wear bathing suit tops and boys don't, that is child appropriate and not cheesy like, "because girls have sweeter/bigger hearts" I'd appreciate the suggestions greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment